Sunday 17 August 2014

The yogin’s vow:
Then, in a solitary place of power,
In order to stabilise your body, speech, and mind... 

[You should consider this:]  

"Up until now,
All that I have done and all my thoughts
Have been the habitual patterns of the five poisons.
Sweeping them away, as hailstones overcome flowers,
Henceforth I will follow them no further but cut off all connection.
From this moment on, all those deeds of the five poisons
And whatever defiled thoughts arise
I will treat as an enemy who tries to lead me astray!
How can I remain without carefully thinking this through?
Just now, my mind is insufficiently clear
And I am stupidly foolish and dull,
With a head full of doubts, hopes and fears.
Thoughts arise in my mind like clouds of dust –
Oh, these mental fabrications must cease! Must come to an end!
I will let no thoughts at all arise in my mind!
All appearances, I will recognise as emptiness
And I will understand emptiness in all forms.
Knowing the inseparable unity of appearance and emptiness,
I will see no difference between buddhas and sentient beings.
Until my discursive thoughts have come to an end
I will remain in this solitary place."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.