Monday 23 June 2014


Meditating in her retreat cave one day, 
Yeshe Tshogyal was attacked by swarms of biting insects.  
Although she felt pity for the creatures, their attacks became more and more vicious until she thought to herself, 

“I have vowed to renounce all attachment to body, speech and mind.  
Why, therefore, should I feel averse to this illusory manifestation of karmic deeds?”  

And she sang this song:

All apparent phenomena are only tricks of the mind.
I see nothing to fear in inner space.
All this is nothing other than the natural radiance of clear light
So there is no reason to react.
Since all activity is my ornamentation
I should remain silent in meditative absorption.


At the end of the verse, she entered the samādhi of universal identity in which there is no discrimination or evaluation, and the apparitions vanished.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.